Tuesday 18 September 2012

Southsea Festival


So i've wanted to try Live Music Photography for a while but been waiting for the opportunity to arise. On saturday the perfect opportunity came along, my housemate (who I am very grateful to) managed to get me my first ever photo press pass. It was for Southsea Fest, which is a little festival held down the road near to our flat and has 100 local bands and musicians playing in all the cafes, pubs, bars and gig venues. It was a great first experience as I had to adapt to lots of different types of venues and acts. We went from a tiny cafe, to the theatre to a large gig venue. It was an absolutely incredible day and night, to top off the night I caught the drummers drum stick from the headline band....... I usually cant catch anything so I was over the moon. It was an exhausting day as we were there for 13 hours, but I kept going and still managed to really enjoy it after some rests. We managed to stay out till 2, which I was not expecting, however was a little sore the next day. I can not wait to do more Live music photography now, just hoping I get some of the passes i've applied for.






My highlight of the night was definitely Clock Opera who closed the festival (see above). I got the chance to photograph them while my housemate was interviewing them before their set (see below) they were such nice guys. Their set was amazing and each band member at one point would look right down my camera lens, it was an incredible feeling to have some-one on stage look into your camera while they are preforming to a whole room of people there to see them. I had such a buzz after Clock Opera and think I've found a new addiction...... Live Music Photography.


Others artists who were awesome were Luke Ferre, Tom Williams and the boats and The boy I used to be - All can be seen below. If you would like to see more of my photos from Southsea Fest then they are on my Facebook page i'd love to hear any feedback or comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment