Thursday 20 September 2012

Liebster Award



The lovely Tamsyn at Seaside in the city has nominated me to take part in the Liebster Award. This award gives you the opportunity to discover new blogs and learn more about the people behind them.

If you're tagged you have to write 11 things about yourself, and then answer the 11 questions from the blogger who tagged you. You then choose other bloggers with less than 200 followers that you want to get to know, and choose your own 11 questions you'd like to ask them.

11 things About Me:


1: I am from a tiny village in Somerset - My heart will always be in the South-west of England, I dream of one day having my own little cottage in Cornwall.
2: I recently graduated with a first class honours in Television and Broadcasting at Portsmouth University,
3: I have 2 pet rats called Petal and Blossom,
4: I am currently in the process of starting up my own portrait photography business, called Amy Sapphire Photography,
5: I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for the past 7 years,
6: I have 7 piercings and 1 tattoo which is a silhouette of a fairy, with plans for 2 more little tattoos,
7: I have a big passion for crafts and they are what I do with a lot of my free time.
8: I have had 6 jobs since I was 16 (in 5 years) all very different. Now I want to be my own boss,
9: I have an amazing boyfriend who always makes me laugh and takes good care of me when i'm poorly,
10: I live in a gorgeous little flat by the sea with 2 of my best friends,
11: I love drinking tea.... I couldn't live without a good cup of tea and a biscuit.



Answers to Seaside in the City's Questions:


Who is your favourite musician?
It's really hard to pick one..... Probably Newton Faulkner, his music is really beautiful.

If you could meet anyone, in any location, who would and where would it be?
I would meet Stephen Fry in a little pub in Cornwall somewhere to drink ales

Whats your favourite hobby?
All crafts!!! Especially sewing, crochet and jewellery making.

What's your ideal Sunday?
It would start with a lie-in with my boyfriend including drinking tea and watching TV in bed, then a nice trip out to somewhere with lots of gorgeous nature for a little walk and picnic. Afterwards I would have one of my mum's roast dinners with all of my family, I dont get to see them enough these days and my mum's roasts are the best.

Biggest adventure of your life so far?
Leaving my tiny village in Somerset to move 120 miles away to a city on my own to go to University. I was still quite ill with my CFS and my mum had always looked after me so it was scary, but by far the best decision i've ever made.

Favourite accessory?
This is a tough one, I will say my jewellery, I cant really be more specific then that, I literally wont leave the house without a pile of jewellery on which is carefully picked to compliment my outfit. It takes me forever to take it all off before bed.

Desired holiday destination?
I'd love to go anywhere which is so far removed from England. I'd love to be immersed in a culture and way of life which is soo completely different to our everyday lives. I think I will go with India, as it has such a wide range of lifestyles to experience, also i've always been fascinated with the colours and patterns in their fabrics so i'd love to see them in their natural setting.

Tea or coffee?
Tea - definitely tea.

What inspires you to blog?
My blog started as a way for me to inform and educate people about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but it has evolved to include a lot more crafts, photography and generally what I get up to. I'll admit that i'm now addicted to blogging.

Favourite Celebrity and why?
It might have to be Johnny Depp for the shallow reason that I really enjoying his face, however he is also a very versatile and interesting actor.

Top tip for being a blogger?
Write about what interests you, dont write what you think other people want if its not what you want. If you aren't enjoying it then it becomes impersonal.


My 11 Questions For You:

1: What drove you to start your blog?
2: What is your favourite TV show?
3: Who is your favourite actor/actress?
4: Mornings or evenings?
5: What is your favourite type/style of jewellery
6: What is your favourite craft?
7: If you could only eat the food from one country for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8: What is your fondest memory from when you were a child?
9: Cats or dogs?
10: Do you have any pets?
11: What would your dream job be?

I Nominate:

http://themorosebee.blogspot.co.uk/
http://creativitylizette.blogspot.co.uk/
http://onetworee.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment