Thursday 13 September 2012

Photo shoot with my pet rats


So I was a little bit bored the other day but actually had some energy so decided to take some nice photos of our pet rats based on a pop-art style photo I found that I woman did with her cats. I know a lot of people dont like rats but I adore them, they are such good fun and I wanted a nice photo to remember them by when they are no longer with us, (the older 2 are way past middle aged for rats). It was very tricky to get them to stay in the right place for where I had the photo framed. The camera was on a tripod and I used a wired remote because I needed both my hands to stop the rats running all over the place. This was the outcome.....


1: Wiki - she's the smallest and absolutely mad, 2: Petal - she's very blind and often poorly so she is very nervous and gets scared a lot (hence her expression in the photo) 3: Lemmi - is the one who will eat everything and anything, 4: Blossom - she's the best rat in the world, so friendly and fun, she loves exploring and is soo curious of everything, she's good company on my not so well days when everyone else is out.

Here are some of the pictures which didn't go quite to plan, they wanted to explore and play but I wanted them to pose for the camera. Distracting them with treats seemed to work, thats why so many of them are eating in the photos.


Hope you enjoyed my random little post about the rats and an example of what I get up to on my bored days when im not doing crafts. I'm aware of how mad this all sounds but the rats really are such great pets, always a great form of entertainment and awesome company when you are unwell and bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment