Monday 19 November 2012

Focus on Imaging.

For anyone who is a photographer or interested in photography then you are most likely aware of the Focus On Imaging show and may have even visited it yourself. It is Europe's biggest annual imaging show with over 200 exhibitors and loads of great talks.

I was soo lucky to be given the opportunity to be a part of the advertising campaign and feature in the photo taken by the talented Matt Sills. It was such a fun day, I got the chance to experience what it is like to be in a professional studio, it was massive and very impressive. The shoot was at Holborn Studios in London, it gave me such drive to think that one day I could be a photographer for a shoot that size. 40 photographers were asked to be in the photo so it gave me a good chance for networking and talking about cameras and other photography things with like-minded people. It was strange to be infront of the camera for a change but we were photographed with our cameras so I did still get to hide behind mine a bit. Not sure if you will even see my face in the final photo. It will be used in photography magazines and posters to promote and advertise the Focus on Imaging show in March 2013.
We got slightly lost on the way to and from the shoot so got a lovely tour around london. It was my kind of tour as we were warm and comfy in the car and my legs didn't have to ache from all the walking around. It has been many years since i'd been to london so it was so nice to see all the places I had previously visited and many new ones that I am yet to explore. We also got a chance to see some of the christmas lights which were spectacular and has really got me feeling christmassy. I also saw policemen on horses which is something I had never seen before, looked so strange and out of place in the middle of a traffic jam. All in all is was a very interesting, educational and fun day, I cant wait to see the final photo in a magazine, I will definitely have to buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment