Wednesday 22 August 2012

Crafts and Recycling


One of my favourite things to do with my time is arts and crafts….. I’ve tried most of them but here is a short list of crafts I really enjoy, jewellery making, making soft toys (especially sock monkeys :p), sewing, crochet, cross stitch, scrap-booking, glass painting, anything beaded, card making, flower pressing…… you get the point, I bloody love my crafts. On a real note though, I find crafts give me an escape from my CFS and keep my mind active when my body isnt J. I am also known as a bit of a hoarder who cant throw anything away so I absolutely love recycling old things to make them into new things, for example unleashing the PVA glue and sequins on an old top or destroying old jewellery to make bead hangers for my curtains. Here are a couple things I recycled or up-cycled recently when feeling too unwell to venture out.

This first one was was an old frame which my lovely nan donated to me. It was a pale wood colour which I didn’t really like so I painted it white and with the addition of the cute little fabric flower, I think it looks adorable and shows off the picture of me and the boyfriend graduating nicely J


This is a wooden ‘A’ which my mother bought me, I painted it blue and added little roses. It livens up my otherwise plain bedroom door.


I bought some jeans from a charity shop (£3... I do love a good bargain) then cut them to the desired length and slashed, stabbed, cut and grated them till they looked nice and worn. I added press-through studs to the pockets and a gorgeous scarf which was a gift, as a belt (as they are slightly too big and kept falling down)





The reason for the creation of these shorts is because........ IM GOING TO READING FESTIVAL!!!! I’m soo excited, we're driving up there tomorrow, i'm going with some of my bestest friends in the world, I get to see 2 of my friends who I miss very very much and I am looking forward to giving them the squishiest hugs ever J I cannot wait for all the amazing music, the atmosphere, the drinking (and yes I am aware of how bad alcohol is for CFS sufferers), the dancing, the people, the camping, the mad outfits and even the mud...... because then I get to get out the mad floral wellies again.

However on a slightly sadder note, I am really not looking forward to how truly awful I will inevitably feel once I return home, but I am lucky enough to have a housemate who will do all the driving so I don’t have to and a boyfriend who will bring me endless cups of tea to help me through it. I am also aware that I am not going to be able to keep up with my friends all weekend and will have to find places to sit quite frequently but I will just sit back and soak up the sights, noises and atmosphere. I shall see you on the other side and let you know how it was J

Before I go, take a look at the mad new hat/scarf combo thing (not sure what to call it) that I bought at a carboot sale the other day for Reading…… I think there is no doubt in the fact that I look bloody awesome in it :P it is going to go so well with the stripy purple and red onesie :P




No comments:

Post a Comment