Friday 11 January 2013

2013!!!

I can't believe we are already a week into 2013! I had left it a bit late with deciding my new years resolutions this year. It's ok though, as they are long term ones to be completed throughout the whole year and I only have 2 so I can really focus on them.

1) Properly start my Photography Business. I really need to knuckle down and start focussing on things such as the financial side, marketing and developing my skills and knowledge to kick-start my business and all the ideas I have. A big part of this resolution is to improve my health and fitness in any way that I can to make the dream of being a freelance photographer come true. This involves trying new tablets and medication, starting a strict exercise and fitness regime and looking into things such as my diet, etc. All of which need to be worked over the whole year so It is going to be a slow process. This moves us nicely onto my next new years resolution.

2) Learn to Swim!!!! I'm ashamed to say that I am 21 years old and can not swim. I never really learnt as a child as my mum is scared of water and I had no great interest to, then with the development of my illness when I was 15, swimming became the last thing on my mind. Before I knew it, I became a 21 year old who can't swim and has to be watched when going into the sea and misses out on trips to swimming pools and water parks. My boyfriend has kindly offered to teach me and help me get some confidence in the water. This is great as we can do it at my pace and can make sure i'm not over-exerting myself but also getting some exercise which will hopefully start to build up my strength and muscles. It should be fun and I'm quite excited, if not a little nervous.

These are both quite big resolutions, but both have been needed for a long time and the overall goal is to improve my health and fitness so that I should be able to work in the future.

Also here is a bit of good news to start of the year..... I'm in a big photography magazine. I was part of the Focus on Imaging ad campaign which will feature in many photography magazines. Can you spot me?.... I'm in the burgundy hoody :) I'm so grateful to have been a part of it and hope that this wont be the last time you see me in the pages of magazines :)


1 comment:

  1. How cool is that your in a magazine! May your business flourish this new year!

    ReplyDelete